Delivering Excellent Surgical Care
Surgery at TMC
We want to thank you for choosing Tucson Medical Center for your health care needs.
Whether your need is for inpatient or outpatient surgery, elective and emergent, we offer surgical services for all ages in a safe and friendly environment. Over the years, TMC has continuously grown and expanded our services while maintaining hospital standards for the safe outcome of your surgery.
Community surgeons who practice at TMC are expert in a range of surgical procedures, from the routine to the complex.
After reviewing measures implemented to keep health care workers and patients safe from COVID-19, the state of Arizona has allowed TMC to resume elective surgeries.
These measures include:
- Demonstrating greater than a 14-day supply of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Ensuring adequate staffing and beds
- Testing patients prior to surgery and all at-risk health care workers
- Implementing a universal symptom-screening process for staff, patients and visitors. Everyone wears masks inside Tucson Medical Center to prevent any possible spread
- Establishing an enhanced cleaning process for waiting areas
We have adjusted our procedures to ensure patient safety. Among the things you should know if you have a surgery scheduled with us:
- Prior to a procedure, patients will receive a phone call from TMC to review the required screening and potential pre-procedural COVID-19 testing.
- If you are unable to schedule a test, you procedure may be canceled.
- Testing is done about 4-7 days prior to a procedure.
- On the day of your procedure, wear a face covering and report to the Main Tower Entrance of the hospital. For women’s surgery, please report to the Southest Entrance. A nurse will escort you to the appropriate area and take your vitals.
- Patients are allowed one visitor (they are required to bring a face covering) to come into Pre-Op. After patients are taken into surgery, visitors return to their cars. In certain cases (peds, ICU), one visitor may wait in the lobby until the surgeon comes out following the procedure.
- A shaded covered area in our Tower parking garage has been set aside for visitor’s waiting for surgery patients.