Symposia, Master Clinicians, Workshop, Roundtable, New Research Poster Submissions for the 2021 Conference
Important Information About the Impact of COVID-19
Helpful Submission Information
- How to Submit Guidelines
- Conference Submission Checklist
- How ADAA is Handling 2020 San Antonio Accepted Conference Sessions
- Submissions Deadlines
- Submission Tutorial Video
The 2021 ADAA Conference Committee invites you to submit your presentations for the 41st Annual Conference. ADAA leads the way in bringing together a multidisciplinary community of basic and clinical researchers and clinicians with diverse backgrounds in psychiatry, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing, neuroscience, and more.
ADAA sponsors the only conference focusing exclusively on science and treatment of anxiety and depression, including by not limited to generalized anxiety disorder, OCD, PTSD, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, phobias, depression, and related disorders in children and adults.
In line with the theme of #ADAA2021: Resilience and Recovery: From Research to Practice, ADAA invites submissions focused on psychological resilience across the lifespan. Examples include:
- Preventive interventions aimed at enhancing resilience in high-risk populations (e.g., children)
- Clinical trials focused on enhancing resilience in individuals with anxiety or depression.
- Neuroimaging studies of resilience to stress or trauma
- Research in animal models of resilience
- Novel resilience-focused programs (e.g., clinical, family or community-based, school- or college-based programs, programs for the elderly)
- Interactive presentations comprised of both clinicians and researchers and also speakers form different institutions
- Submissions on diversity and those related to cultural, racial, and socioeconomic barriers to mental health care
- Submissions on social justice issues related to anxiety, depression, and co-occurring disorders
All submissions are peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of quality, merit, relevance, and ability to advance practice and research. ADAA offers a few session spots to invited speakers, such as ADAA’s Keynote, Scientific Research Symposium, Science Spotlights, Master Clinicians, and a few others. The remainder of the proposals undergo an anonymous scientific peer review.
ATTENTION ACCEPTED 2020 SESSION PRESENTERS:
ADAA is pleased to announce that all accepted submissions for the 2020 Annual Conference will be automatically accepted for the 2021 conference and will not require additional peer review. Please note, however, that ADAA has launched a new submissions portal for 2021 so you must resubmit your 2020 accepted presentation. While ADAA encourages you to update your data as appropriate the overall topic cannot be changed. If you wish to submit a new session abstract, it must be treated as a new submission.
- Master Clinician Sessions: Wednesday, October 7, 2020
- Symposia, Workshops, and Roundtables: Wednesday, October 7, 2020
- 2020 Conference Accepted Submissions: Wednesday, October 7, 2020
- New Research Posters: Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- Donald F. Klein Early Career Investigator Award: Wednesday, November 4, 2020*
Please note: The CDLP award class from 2020 will be carried over to 2021. We will therefore not be accepting applications for the CDLP program for 2021.
Before submitting please view these helpful documents:
To Create a Submission:
ADAA is excited to launch a new conference submission portal for the #ADAA2021 Annual Conference. As such, please note that the submission process is slightly different from previous years. We invite you to view our brief tutorial video for helpful submission tips.
- Begin your submission by logging in here. If you are currently an ADAA member your log in credentials will be the same as your profile credentials. If you are not currently an ADAA member, you will need to create a nonmember account. If you have questions about logging in email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you are logged in you will be asked to provide a title for your presentation and select your submission type
- Once you have entered that information you will be taken to your "task list" detailing all required information for submissions. A green check mark will appear as you complete each required section.
- When all required information has been entered you will be able to preview and submit your proposal. You may log in and adjust your proposal as many times as necessary prior to submitting. NOTE: Once you have submitted your proposal you will not able to make additional changes.
Before submitting please view these helpful documents:
ADAA is looking forward to hosting our annual conference in March 2021.
We recognize that the impact of COVID-19 may interfere with our ability to convene a fully in-person conference in Boston in 2021. As such, ADAA is planning for a variety of contingencies including offering our March 18-20, 2021 conference as a hybrid meeting or a virtual conference. ADAA will continue to monitor the health situation and will provide regular updates.
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we pursue our options on how to best offer you a broad-ranging education program and an engaging conference experience. The health and safety of our conference participants, conference attendees, partners, and staff remain our top priority.
Please note that registration for #ADAA2021 will open in late September. Click here to receive registration notifications.
Please contact ADAA at email@example.com with any questions.